A partner in the firm, Alexis is a member of the Insurance & Risk Management, Commercial Litigation and Health Law Practice Groups. She practises in the areas of insurance, general litigation and medical-legal issues and has appeared before all levels of court in Alberta and the Northwest Territories.
Alexis represents and advises corporations and institutions in various commercial and insurance disputes including contractual, negligence, fatality inquiries, insurance coverage, occupier’s liability and product liability issues.
Her experience includes a wide variety of insurance issues (automobile, commercial general liability, business interruptions, tenant liability and fire) as well as general commercial litigation issues related to contractual disputes, construction litigation and negligence. Alexis has experience resolving matters through trials, judicial dispute resolution, and arbitration and is listed on the Canadian Defence Lawyers/Canadian Insurance Claims Managers Association arbitration roster.
Alexis is Co-chair of the McLennan Ross Insurance & Risk Management Practice Group, Program Coordinator for the McLennan Ross Mentor Program, and a member of the McLennan Ross Articling Committee.
- LL.B., University of Alberta
- B.Ed., University of Alberta
Professional Associations and Affiliations
- Member, Canadian Defence Lawyers
- Canadian Bar Association (CBA) council member
- Member, CBA
- Membership Committee
- National Insurance Section
- Past Executive Member, CBA Insurance Section and CBA Young Lawyers Section
Community and Volunteer Activities
- Participant, The Tomorrow Project - study to learn more about the causes of cancer
- Instructor, Canadian Centre for Professional Legal Education
- Organizing Committee Member, Inns of Court
- Former Co-chair, Alberta Law Conference, Calgary
- Former Co-chair, Alberta Law Conference, Edmonton
- Former Co-chair , Alberta Law Day Committee
- Former Board Member, Alberta 4-H Foundation