Samantha is an associate with McLennan Ross, practicing in the area of Corporate Commercial Securities.
Prior to joining the firm, Samantha practiced as general counsel for a University in Edmonton. Previous to that position, Samantha practiced as legal counsel, technology commercialization for another University in Edmonton.
In both roles, Samantha provided legal advice to executive officers and faculty on diverse issues including the protection and licensing of intellectual property, commercial dealings, policy development, governance and risk management.
Her practice experience within the complex post-secondary educational environment means that Samantha is able to recognize and respond to the legal concerns of a diverse client base.
Samantha is a Registered Trade-mark Agent with the Canadian Intellectual Property Office and her practice includes trade-mark applications and trade-mark disputes.
Samantha regularly delivers education programs to administrators and faculty on a number of legal topics including the duty to accommodate students in the post-secondary education environment.
- LL.B., University of Sydney, Australia
- B.A. English Literature (Honours), University of Alberta
Community and Volunteer Activities
- Co-Chair, Alberta Health Services Patient Family Advisory Group
- Public Member (Interim), Health Quality Council of Alberta Patient/Family Safety Advisory Panel
- Past President and Volunteer, Suit Yourself - The Edmonton Wardrobe for Women in Need Association