Damon provides employers with a wide range of legal services. He advises unionized employers with respect to collective bargaining, collective agreement interpretation, disciplinary matters, and grievances. He also has a large labour arbitration practice.
He regularly appears before the Alberta Labour Relations Board and has extensive experience handling certification applications, unfair labour practice complaints, successor employer applications, common employer applications, and picketing injunctions.
Damon assists non-union employers with drafting employment contracts, implementing employee terminations and defending wrongful dismissal claims. He also defends Employment Standards Code complaints, human rights complaints and conducts Workers Compensation Board appeals.
Damon has appeared before all levels of the Alberta Court, as well as the Alberta Labour Relations Board, grievance arbitration boards, human rights tribunals, Boards of Reference appointed under the School Act, the Occupational Health and Safety Appeals Commission and the Workers Compensation Board Appeals Commission.
Damon represents a large cross-section of employers including retailers, wholesalers, manufacturers, food processors, airlines, oil & gas companies, health care providers, utilities, educational institutions, construction companies, banks and mortgage brokers.
Based in Calgary, Damon appears on cases throughout Alberta.
- LL.B. (Great Distinction), University of Saskatchewan
- B.Comm. (Great Distinction), University of Saskatchewan
Awards and Recognition
- Leading practitioner in Employment, Labour and Workplace Human Rights, as recognized by the Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory
- Calgary Labour and Employment Law Lawyer of the Year, Best Lawyers 2012
- Recognized as a leading lawyer in the area of Employment Law, 2012 Lexpert/American Lawyer Guide to the Leading 500 Lawyers in Canada
- Leading practitioner - Labour & Employment (Management) and Workers’ Human Rights law, Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory
- Recognized in the area of Labour and Employment Law, Best Lawyers in Canada
- BV Distinguished peer review rating, Martindale-Hubbell
Professional Associations and Affiliations
- Member, Canadian Association of Counsel to Employers