Vicki’s practice focuses on the areas of employment, human rights, privacy, labour and administrative law.
She advises employers on a wide variety of employment, personnel and labour issues (including collective bargaining) and has experience before all levels of court, arbitrators and the Alberta Labour Relations Board.
A large portion of her practice involves assisting employers with the accommodation of employees under the human rights legislation, and defending complaints made against employers to the Human Rights Commission.
She also provides employers with day to day advice about terminations, policies and procedures, absenteeism, discipline, the duty to accommodate, performance management, discrimination, harassment, hiring, and general management of employees.
Vicki also practises in the expanding area of privacy law and provides advice to clients regarding both provincial and federal private sector privacy legislation.
- LL.B., University of Alberta
- B.Comm. (Distinction), University of Alberta
Awards and Recognition
- Leading practitioner - Workplace Human Rights, Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory
Professional Associations and Affiliations
- Member, Canadian Association of Counsel to Employers
- Member, Human Resources Institute of Alberta
- Privacy Officer, McLennan Ross LLP
Community and Volunteer Activities
- Discipline Committee Member, Human Resources Institute of Alberta
- Advisor, HR Compliance Insider
- Member, Tir Eoghain Irish Dance Society
- Past Member, Grant MacEwan Human Resources Management Program Advisory Committee