Tara has appeared at all levels of court in Alberta and in the Federal Court of Canada and her broad practice includes:
- Investment - defending advisors and the houses that support them in claims like breach of fiduciary duty, fraud and negligence (under professional errors & omissions policies).
- Insurance - representing clients in the areas of:
- Commercial General Liability risk insurance.
- Directors’ and officers’ liability, fiduciary liability and professional negligence.
- National insurers and corporations in the capacity of claims and coverage counsel (related to a variety of commercial general liability issues).
- Claims arising from employee theft and fraud, representing insurers involved in Financial Institutions Bond and Commercial Crime Policies.
- Directors & Officers Liability - acting as both defence counsel in relation to claims brought against directors and officers and as coverage and monitoring counsel.
- Litigation - including breach of contract litigation, construction litigation and arbitrations regarding homeowner vs. builder disputes; she has represented corporations and individuals from various industries in negligence and breach of contract litigation and homeowners and builders in arbitrations under the Alberta New Home Warranty Program.
Awards and Recognition:
- Corporate and Commercial Litigation, Best Lawyers® in Canada, 2021 - 2022
- LL.B., University of Alberta
- MSc., University of Alberta
- BSc., University of Alberta
Professional Associations, Affiliations and Community Activities:
- Canadian Bar Association
- Insurance Section
- Commercial Litigation Section
- Edmonton Bar Association