COVID-19 Virtual Legal Clinic
Giving back to the community is a cornerstone of who we are at McLennan Ross LLP. We are an Alberta born law firm with strong community roots. The outbreak of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) is causing significant disruptions across all industries in Alberta and many organizations are finding themselves planning for an uncertain future. We want to do our part to assist small businesses and not-for-profit organizations combating the effects of COVID-19 so that we can grow together in the community once COVID-19 has passed.
Event: COVID-19 Legal Clinic offering pro bono advice on COVID-19 related topics to local small business and not for profit organizations.
Dates: May 1, 2020 – 1:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. and May 2, 2020 – 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
Description: McLennan Ross LLP lawyers will provide half-an-hour of pro bono legal assistance for small businesses and not-for-profit organizations struggling with the impacts of COVID-19 that might otherwise not have access to legal services.
What we need from you:
- Please complete a copy of the Limited Retainer and Waiver Form.
- Please complete the Pro-Bono COVID-19 Business and Not for Profit Clinic Intake form.
- Please ensure that the information you provide is accurate and that you include a description of the issue you would like to discuss.
- Register online by emailing the above mentioned documents email@example.com.
Where: It’s virtual! Following your registration, McLennan Ross LLP will pair you with a lawyer who can provide telephone assistance on the issue you have described. We will contact you with an appointment time. Please ensure that you have provided a valid phone number with your registration materials.
Areas of Law:
- Labour and Employment
- Occupational Health & Safety
- Civil and Commercial Litigation
- Corporate and Tax
- Restructuring & Insolvency
- Environmental, Energy and Regulatory
Please note that assistance is not guaranteed. McLennan Ross LLP volunteer lawyers are regulated by the Law Society of Alberta, the Legal Profession Act, the Code of Conduct, and the Rules of the Law Society of Alberta. Assistance will only be provided if no conflict of interest exists and all forms and waivers have been completed. McLennan Ross LLP does not guarantee ongoing legal assistance after your consultation.