Constructive Dismissal and Without Cause Terminations – How to Minimize Risk
- 01:30 PM
Dismissing an employee without cause isn’t always straightforward. What are an employee’s rights upon termination? What is reasonable notice? When can an employee make a claim for wrongful dismissal? And what about constructive dismissal? When does making changes to an employee’s duties and responsibilities lead to a constructive dismissal? Can the workplace environment create a risk of constructive dismissal? The McLennan Ross Labour & Employment team has a wealth of experience assisting clients to manage their workforce while minimizing the risks associated with terminating employees and constructive dismissals.
Topics covered in this presentation include:
- What is reasonable notice and who is entitled to receive it?
- Traps to avoid and best practices in terminating employees
- What changes can an employer make to an employee’s terms and conditions of employment?
- Best practices when implementing fundamental changes to an employment contract
- Constructive dismissal allegations in the context of hostility or harassment
- Employee mitigation responsibilities following constructive dismissal and termination
Who Should Attend: This webinar is designed for in-house counsel, human resources, and labour relations professionals
Date: Wednesday, August 30, 2023
Time: 12 PM – 1:30 PM