Post-Pandemic Workforce Management
- 02:00 PM
The COVID-19 pandemic has significantly changed the nature of how work is done. What will the post-pandemic workforce look like across Canada? What new obligations and risks exist for Canadian employers?
We were pleased to help host HR professionals for the the Advocates for Employers of Canada’s Post-Pandemic Workforce Management seminar. Our nationwide panel of lawyers addressed current employment issues, shared important legal developments, and provided practical strategies to help employers successfully navigate the new world of work. Topics covered in this engaging webinar included:
- Occupational health and safety considerations for post-pandemic work, including the new Act to modernize the occupational health and safety system in Quebec
- Claims of constructive dismissal and wrongful dismissal relating to the return to on-site work
- The impact of the pandemic on common law reasonable notice entitlements
- The deductibility of CERB payments from wrongful dismissal damages
- Strategies for managing remote or hybrid workforces
- Issues of wrongful resignation and employee retention during the Great Resignation
- Innocent absenteeism and attendance management, including accommodation related to employee mental health
Geneviève Mercier – Le Corre Lawyers LLP
Laura Karabulut – Filion Wakely Thorup Angeletti LLP
Jessica Bungay – Cox & Palmer
Alison Adam – McLennan Ross
Marcia McNeil – Pulver Crawford Munroe LLP
Scott Hoeppner – Thompson Dorfman Sweatman LLP
Who Should Attend:
This webinar was designed for in-house counsel, human resources professionals, and labour relations professionals across Canada.
Duration: Two hours
Click here to view the webinar recording.