Best Practices for Workplace Investigations
Effective investigations play an important role in protecting organizations from workplace liability. A good investigation can also be crucial to an employer’s reputation and their employees’ morale. It is important to get it right at the outset. The McLennan Ross Labour & Employment team is highly experienced in conducting workplace investigations that not only provide our clients with detailed results, but are well documented and compliant with the law.
In this seminar, Jody Sutherland, Rebecca Silverberg, and Nicole Suitor provided attendees the opportunity to move beyond investigation fundamentals, focusing on best practices and special considerations in the investigation process.
Topics covered in this presentation included:
Choosing the process: considerations for pre-investigation mediations
- Setting the scope and mandate
- Communicating with the parties and witnesses and managing confidentiality
- Conducting investigations where a party is not an employee
- The importance of weighing credibility
- Investigating in a unionized environment
- Making a decision and writing a defensible investigation report
This webinar was designed for in-house counsel, human resources, labour relations, and operations and safety professionals.
Click here to contact us for access to the recording.