Human Rights Policies
- 01:30 PM
Respectful workplaces are often thought to be the foundation effective organizational cultures are built upon. Employers also have important legal obligations to provide their employees with a non-discriminatory and safe workplace. Human rights issues can arise in any number of workplace scenarios, and to mitigate risks associated with claims of discrimination, there are several practice and policy considerations for employers.
In this session, Marie-Pier Leduc and Rebecca Silverberg provided guidance and best practices to employers for navigating human rights policy issues in the workplace. Some of the topics explored include:
- Understanding the legislative landscape related to discrimination and employer policies
- Practical tips for drafting policies
- Understanding the human rights related policies which may pertain to the workplace
- Practical tips for reviewing existing policies to assess human rights risk
- Case law update on human rights policies in the workplace
This webinar was designed for in-house counsel and labour relations, human resources, operations and finance professionals.
Click here to contact us for access to the recording.